Saturday, June 29, 2013

The State of Being Happy

hap·pi·nessnoun \ˈha-pē-nəs\
        : the state of being happy
                www.merriam-webster.com


Happiness.
What is happiness? According to Merriam-Webster, happiness means the state of being happy. But have we ever really sat down and thought about what truly brings us to that state or feeling.

Everyone has been through their fair share of ups and downs in their lifetime - I know I have. It's seems cliche to say that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. However, I feel like there is so much truth behind that statement. In my eyes, you have to go through the trials and tribulations in life to find out what really makes you happy, which leads me to my next point...

Positivity.
Having a positive outlook on life can change your entire perspective on anything. Looking at the glass half full, rather than half empty is a motto I love to live by. Why take the negatives out of every situation? It will only bring you down. When you focus on the problems rather than the solutions, you stay stuck. Life is too short to worry about things that haven't worked out in your favor. 

Staying positive brings positive results. 

"A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor." - English Proverb
Q.

No comments:

Post a Comment